Sunday, June 13, 2010

Intro

Well, the team has finally come together. We have eight strong guys who have all done RAAM at least once. Sounds pretty good. Lots of changes also this year. The biggest being that my friend/partner for the last 3 years, Ken Larson has decided to skip the race this year. Something about being an aspiring real estate tycoon :). I will miss him dearly.

The good news is that my riding partner in the race this year is Andrew Danly. Andrew has been my training buddy for the last 2+ years. He also lives about 1/2 mile from my house in PL. A second bonus is that Andrew's dad, Ed, is our driver. We're set!

We had a couple other small successes this year. One thing that is working out really well is that we all have GM suburbans as opposed to the mid size SUVs that we rolled with in the past. This means that we have about 4 feet of extra cargo space. We have even set it up so that one of the seats has full extension leg room, even for my legs. This is HUGE.



Another bonus this year is that Andrew (METAL) and I were not required to show up at he start line. Since our shift was officially starting at I-15 and Old Castle road (about 20 miles from Oceanside), we would be able to just go straight there from home.

I'll be adding posts when I have time. If you want to follow the race minute by minute, please see http://www.viasat.com/raam

The official RAAM website is here. They have near real time results:

www.raceacrossamerica.org

No comments:

Post a Comment